Muslim Schools’ Charter
AIA Caroline Springs Campus
Based on the Holy Quran and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), our Academy together with other Islamic Schools/ Colleges in Australia declare and affirm the following:
- We promote peace and understanding through interfaith and intercultural interactions.
- We teach the children in our schools to be proud Australians and be model citizens, to participate positively in building a prosperous, harmonious and safe society in Australia.
- We teach the children in our schools to respect the rights of others and to understand the different backgrounds and religions of Australia’s multicultural society.
- We teach our children about the rights of their neighbours and their entitlement to respect, to care and to protect their property and persons.
- We are committed to follow the example of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in approaching one another in love and understanding, humility and self-criticism, rationality and reasonability, with open hearts and open minds in the pursuit of peace.
- We stand against those who preach violence and hatred in the name of any religion, including Islam.
- We stand against those who preach violence and hatred against Muslims and the religion of Islam.
- We do not condone the taking of innocent life or the threat of such in order to promote a cause.
- We reject and condemn all violent acts that target civilians, children, and old people in order to promote a cause because it is against Islamic principles.
- As Australian citizens or residents of Australia, we stand to defend our country Australia from any form of aggression at all times.
- We believe that the interest of the Muslim community in Australia can be met through the existing democratic systems of governance.